Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Birth Day...

There are only two things that can get me out of bed at 5am...one is golfing with Rick in "heaven" and the other is...the birth of my child. Heidi and I are about to load up the car and serve notice to the little one she's been carrying for the past 40 weeks. Time to get out!

I had a hard time getting to sleep, as you might imagine. It's exciting to think that I'm going to learn this child's name today. For 40 weeks, this child has been known only by God. Heidi has felt his/her presence, but only God has known his/her name. Today, it will be known by the rest of us. I'm excited about that.

And also today, I will be standing by as Heidi earns another Mother badge of courage and strength. I can coach and encourage and be near, but I cannot carry the load. At the end of the day, it is a load that only she can carry. And she has done so with amazing grace and fortitude in the past; I am confident that she will today.

Well...here we go.

Peace,

Matt

No comments: