Thursday, August 12, 2004

ho hum...

Life's been pressing on this week. Things around the office are a little slower as most of my teammates are on vacation...I'm the kind of person who needs some interaction, so I get a little stir-crazy when too many people are gone.

The quiet time has been good, though. I'm working on a series of messages for Catalyst worship gatherings beginning in September. It's starting to come together.

Here's a joke for your amusement...maybe...

Three new husbands were standing around comparing notes about their new brides. The first one says, "I laid down the law at home. I told me wife that she has to do all the dinner cooking. I'm not going to do it any more. I expect food on the table when I get home from work. The first day, I didn't see any changes. The second, nothing. Then on the third day and ever since, she's made great dinners and they've been ready when I get home from work."

The second husband said, "Yeah, I laid down the law, too. I told her that she had to do all the shopping -- groceries, clothing, everything. I wasn't going to go into any more stores. The first day after our talk, I didn't see any changes. The second day, nothing. Then the third day, I noticed new clothes in the closet and the pantry was full."

The third new husband shared his story. "I laid down the law. I told her I wasn't going to do any of the cooking or the shopping. And on top of that, I expect her to do all the cleaning. The first day, I didn't see anything. The second day, nothing. Then the third day I could begin to see a little out of my left eye..."

If you're a husband, tell your wife you love her and find some way to serve her. If you're a pig like these guys, get a grip!

M@

No comments: