Friday, August 06, 2004

fam's in town...

Well, they've decended upon Hamburg, NY...the Cary/Hilson clan (we're short the Clark/Fisher end of the clan). The Carys arrived last night in time to play Izak into the ground and meet Libby. Then today, we played outside in the morning, had lunch, then headed off to the Buffalo Zoo.

I have to admit...the Buffalo Zoo is better than I thought it would be. Not too exotic...unless various Australian ducks or South American lizard is your idea of exotic. For the most part, the attractions includes some deer, ducks, zebra, elephants, tigers, polar bears, and a gorilla that enjoyed a game of hide and seek with my brother-in-law, Britt -- who always seems to bring out the best in zoo animals.

This evening, we did the big bonfire at the Furr house. The Cary boys always talk about the fires...so it was Uncle Matt's job to build the biggest and best one out there. Today, I outdid myself. No, the fire department wasn't necessary...but I was glad that I had the hose handy. I've seen bigger...on certain birthday cakes...That story can be summed up this way: sheet cake, 2000 skinny candles, melting wax, 4 foot flame, fire extiguisher, Chrsitmas party remembered by all...priceless.

My parents also arrived tonight. It's nice to have the family in town. They'll be here through Sunday afternoon.

That's the news from here. Final thoughts: Bush, end the crazy anti-Kerry war hero ads that some dorks are putting out there -- no one is going to vote for Kerry just because he was in Vietnam anyway. Kerry, come out with it...repeat after me..."I'm a liberal senator from Mass. and I will be a liberal president." Alan Keyes, don't believe your own press, Obama will be the next Senator from Illinois and then on to run for President as long as he keeps it together. Democrats, Bush didn't cause terrorism or steal the presidency. Republicans, remember that we'd be cry babies, too, if Gore had actually won the electoral college.

Peace,

M@

1 comment:

C-Man said...

Totally awesome. Wish I could have been there.