Wednesday, June 18, 2008

in my humble opinion

Whenever a person begins with or ends with "In my humble opinion," it's usually more opinion than humble. I'm not sure I'm going to capture the correct balance here, either, but I'm going to just toss out a few thoughts and see where they lead...

- I'm glad the Democratic nomination process is over. I'm pleased for Obama. I think it's his election to lose in November.

- I don't like basketball all that much. Didn't watch one game during the NBA season and I'm not carrying much regret about that. However, I did enjoy the finals. I'm a Boston guy...so I love that the Celtics embarrassed the Lakers before sending Kobe home to cry on someone's shoulder like a freshly-spanked toddler (see, not much by way of humble on this one).

- I realize people tire of watching him win...but I love watching Tiger Woods golf. It's absolutely amazing. Was Jack incredible...sure thing. But that doesn't mean Tiger isn't also. He just won a major championship with a torn ACL and 2 stress fractures in his left leg. Amazing...

- Put Tiger's wound aside...the 2008 US Open may prove to be one of the most incredible and captivating championship I may ever see. The world's #1 against the world's #150ish battling it out over 91 holes. And we didn't know the winner until hole 91...until the final putts on hole 91. Incredible thing to see.

- trying out the Facebook thing. Seems sort of fun. We'll see...

- I'm sure glad that politicians can use the price of gas for their agenda. The left can use high prices to get rid of "gas-guzzling SUVs" and the right can use it to drill off-shore and in Alaska. Don't mind me...I'm just driving to work here...don't let me get in the way of your politics...

- Red Sox...love 'em!

Well...there we go...tossing a few things out. If you want to, leave a comment or your own thoughts on things...enjoy.

Peace,

M@

No comments: