Tuesday, November 13, 2007

answered prayer

For the past several months, I've been praying for God to bring the exact right person to join me as Associate Pastor for my campus. This role is crucial to accomplishing what God is leading us toward as a church. But all my leads have been exhausted.

There was a man who kept coming to mind. There's no way, I thought to myself. He just got a major promotion at work. His wife is pregnant and due next month. There's no way. But at the prompting of God, I put it on the table anyway.

Little did I know that God was already moving and prompting Thomas and Marybethe. And they were ready to be obedient to God's call on their lives.

So...Thomas begins as Associate Pastor at the Libertyville campus of The Chapel this coming Friday. I know, it's a strange day to begin a new job...but pastoring is a weird job, so it makes more sense;-)

I could not be more thankful for God in brining Thomas to the team.

I thought I was a person of faith to trust God to bring me a good strong lead by the new year. God always trumps me, though...he brought a great man before Thanksgiving!

thanks, God...

M@

1 comment:

gobesthegirl said...

Alright alright!