Thursday, April 26, 2007

random thoughts...

I don't get much time to write here these days. My days are pretty filled up between The Chapel and The Furrs. So when the kids go down, Heidi and I are getting some time together and we're on the way to bed. So now I have a few minutes and I'll just toss out a few things...

- I'm loving my work at The Chapel. I'm learning a huge amount. I feel like I'm contributing already. 5 weeks in and I'm living in the confirmation of God on this decision.

- Heidi and I have a close friend who is graduating from Wheaton in a couple weeks. Aunt Lo is finishing her Masters...way to go, Lo!!! I am so proud of you!

- My folks are coming for a visit this weekend. It's going to be great to show them around our new digs (Chapel, not a new home). They prayed and walked with us through the transition, and now they get to see it for themselves. And the kids are stoked about seeing them. Izak even has a special book for his grandma to read to him...very cool.

- Next weekend, Carrie, a dear friend from Buffalo, is coming for a visit. It will be great to connect with her and share a bit of life together.

- There is a group of pastors that I pray with each Thursday. We take some time to share a bit of life, but our prayer focus is the community around us. But we've also grown as friends. How incredible to walk through life knowing a few othe men have your back. These guys are a gift. Even in my transition, they have walked with me, offering prayer and solid encouragement. That's how it's supposed to be among Christian leaders in a community...

- There is no way that Bush can sign this law to pull the troops out. Not that we're in danger of him doing so. And this has nothing to do with any opinions I have about the Iraq War. But it has to do with the Constitution. I'm a Constitutional hacker, but I've got a little clue about seperation of powers. The President is the only Commander and Chief of the armed forces. In this bill, Congress is stepping into that role. If Bush went along with it, there would be a substantive constitutional crisis.

- I'm doing some reading in the New Testament book of Romans. Wow...incredible stuff...

- I love that the Red Sox spanked the Yanks! Not only did they beat them, but they did so in a fashion that stung a little (at least for Yankee fans). In two of the games, it looked like NY would pull it out...but in the last few innings, the Sox pulled ahead and won. I love it! Go Sox!!

- Jamarcus Russell to Oakland...solid pick.

- Obama pulling close to Hillary. Fun race to watch. How funny would it be for Gore to jump in after several months of these two beating on each other...

Well...I told you they would be random. As I settle into my new life a bit more, there will be some space for writing here a little more. Until then, it's random, baby!

M@

No comments: