Saturday, December 30, 2006

update...

Christmas was amazing this year! Heidi did an incredible job brining fun tradition into our home. The kids made tree ornaments. Heidi and Izak made hard candy and cookies. I learned that when making cookies with Izak, you don't want to hear "There..." and see sprinkles of salt next to the mixer of dough. What a great time.

I also loved that we did different kinds of gifts for most family this year. We gave special gifts to World Vision - things like clean water for a year for a whole school, lama, nets for protection against malaria...things that can save lives for people in other parts of the world. Thanks, family, for going along with us.

A special Christmas treat was having Aunt Lo with us. She stayed in Chi-town for this holiday and spend Christmas Eve with us and then the next few days. I loved having her here to share the special day.

Day after Christmas, I got my gift - a drive to Buffalo to hang with my guys, Rick and Larry. It was a quick trip, but it went well and my soul was nourished by the time spent with these men. I came back late Wednesday night. I love the long drive - great time with God alone...

Now, we are about to head into the final day of 2006. I'll reflect more on the year in another post. What a year...!

Saturday is coming to a close...good night.

M@

No comments: