Friday, December 01, 2006

snow day...

Since moving to Chicago-land, I've got to say that I'm pretty unimpressed with the snowfall. If I'm going to be cold (which winter is), then I'd prefer to have a bunch of the white stuff. Call me sick, but I like it.

And they talk a good snow game around here...but really haven't delivered much.

Until today. The forcasters called for a huge storm. I was skeptical.

So when I woke up to a healthy dose of snow, I was pleasantly surprised.

I waited out the storm at home, hanging with Heidi and the kids. I shoveled a few times to keep ahead of the snow (it was heavy so I wanted to lift as little at a time as possible). Izak even helped me shovel a bit.

I was, admittedly a little stir-crazy...I had plans in my head that were being put on hold. As much as I love my family, I was also ready and raring to go. So I had to put my ideas on hold for a few hours...not the end of the world. And instead, I got to watch my kids play outside in the snow.

"Daddy, is it winter now?"

"Yup, buddy, it's officially winter. Have fun!"

And he did...so did I.

We're heading to Michigan tomorrow to spend a couple days celebrating Christmas with Heidi's family. Should be a great time to connect with them and change the scenery a bit.

peace,

M@

No comments: