Friday, March 03, 2006

change of plans...

Usually I roll with changes pretty well. For some reason, I didn't roll with this change too well. I think it means a couple things:

1) I need to get away. At least a couple times a year, I need a road trip. I love to drive and change scenery. It's an important part of my soul care. I find that I get drained when these don't happen.

2) I need time with my wife. We work so hard during the day and the evenings, that it's hard to get enough time to get through the tactical stuff to the heart stuff of relationship. 10 hours on the road with her was going to be one of those times...

but alas...it was not to be. Lib started with the fever and we just couldn't risk her getting worse during the night with a sitter...not fair to have a sitter wake up a doctor or head to the ER if the fever gets too high. So I stayed home with the older two and Heidi went to IN with the youngest. Aunt Lo stayed with them during the day so that I could work a bit. Then we went to Outback together and the kids did great! Now it's quiet, Lo is gone, and the night is mine.

I like my family together...not apart. I guess that's a good thing.

Peace,

Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can always come out here, if you need a break. And see Hank, Suzie and Malcolm at the same time.

Uncle Howie

C-Man said...

not cool...but you are always welcome here in GH.