Wednesday, March 15, 2006

the Challenge...

Dan, one of the guys I work with, just came back from several days at the International House of Prayer (IHOP...yeah, yeah, yeah, I know...). It was a pretty cool experience for him. Someone there mentioned that if a person reads just 10 chapters in the New Testament per day, they will read the whole NT one time each month.

I've never thought about that much. I try to read every day, but just pick books and read a little bit. But to read a whole ten chapters...that seems easy enough. So I'm giving it a whirl. Just think how much more a person will know God after a year of reading the NT every month.

40 chapters a day will do the whole Bible every month...we'll see.

Tonight was daddy night...a good time had by all. Izak is totally into helping at nighttime now. He used to play in the tub for a hour...now he wants to jump right out so that he can help with Levi's bath. He actually is a help...he gets the little tub set up, runs the water (usually a little cold), gets the diaper and jammies ready. And when I need Levi's blankie from the living room, he's down and up in minutes. He loves to help...

Here's to MSU in the finals! But I have them beat by Duke...couldn't be that unrealistic! Go MSU. Unfortunately for my wife, she won't be able to watch Michigan play (snicker, snicker)...

Peace,

Matt

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Watch it, Spartan... you and 98-year old Grandma are the only State fans on my side of the family. Keep pickin' on me and you'll be eating popcorn for dinner for the next month - oh wait! You have been eating popcorn for dinner for the last month!!!

I love your little green and white heart anyway.

missmellifluous said...

Wow! 40 chapters a day is quite a lot! I struggled with 3, or so, a day to read the whole bible in a year! It is possible though.