Sunday, June 26, 2005

quick update...

Here's a brief run-down of what's been going on...

- kitchen floor still a mess. I'm pretty sure we're going to pass on the home insurance thing and just put some more wood flooring down and hope it blends pretty well.
- new fridge...yup...it's not safe to be an appliance in the Furr house. The old one was cranked all the way (using a tone of energy) and only chilling things, not keeping anything cold. That's convenient for scooping ice cream, but not for storing food. Nice, modest new fridge. The stove better stay in line!
- Finished up the second of two weekends in which couples came in as a part of the interview process for the Worshi Arts Pastor position. I'm encouraged and think the process did what I hoped and prayed it would. Should be able to pull the trigger on a decision this week.
- Heidi is a great hostess! She put out a great spread for our guests both weekends. I'm grateful for her.
- Izak has initiate potty training. Frankly, diapers are pretty darn convenient...so I'm not sure Mom and Dad are ready for this. I walked in on him in the bathroom taking his diaper off and trying to stand/pee in the toilet. With a little coaching, he did the business and was quite pleased with himself. I confess that I was sort of proud, too. Amazing how much importance bodily functions have for parents.
- Kevin and I just had a meeting of the Jedi's of the green table. We shot some pool. It was a good time hanging out and talking about the interview process. I actually shot well tonight, which is fun. I topped the evening off by winning 9-ball on the break! I love to win!
- Monday is family day...should be low key.
- Tuesday, I head to Michigan for a day trip. Touching base with my parent, spending time with a mentor, and picking up bunk beds for Izak.
- Thursday, we have a friend from Buffalo coming in for a visit until Sunday.
- Saturday, we have another friend from Buffalo visiting for a week. Some overlap...should be fun.
- Monday, I leave for a golf trip with my friend from Buffalo.

That's the news from Lake Wobegon...

M@

No comments: