Saturday, June 11, 2005

24 horus...

Keiffer has his pretty intense 24 hours on Fox. We had a family visit. My family from Michigan came to town to celebrate Libby's one-year birthday with us. It was special of them to make that trip for such a short time. Thanks, Fam!

Plans were going along smoothly until I got a call from my sister that the van had broken down just north of the city. It's been living on borrowed time for the past few months...timing is everything. So my two sisters, 2 nephews, and 1 niece chilled out at a Shell station while my dad and I went down to the rescue.

But God already had things under control. My dad and I drove through a huge rain storm...it was really, really huge. That was sort of funny, because I had just said something like, "At least it isn't raining." Honestly, when I said it, the skies were looking good. Then out of nowhere...bammo.

Because of the rain, another guy got trapped at the Shell station...he was riding home from work on his motorcycle and couldn't believe how the sky just opened up. Do you know where he worked? At the Nissan garage down the street. Do you know what kind of van my sister was driving? Not a Nissan, but a Mercury Villager, which gets its engine from...Nissan. So the guy took a look at the van, diagnosed it (correctly we find out) and was able to help get it started again.

How cool is that? I'm not sure if God arranged the whole storm so that the mechanic would end up at the same gas station, but...He's done crazier things.

Van got fixed. Libby had a party. Izak played his brains out with the cousins. We all ate incredible lasagna that my mother made...yum. Good time had by all.

Then after the family pulled out of the driveway, we hopped in the van to the Norlin home to celebrate Kim's birthday and graduation and Jeff's birthday. It was a good time.

Now...ahhh...that wonderful place in the evening when all is quiet. Sweet quietness...

good night.

m@

No comments: