Sunday, June 12, 2005

change of pace...

It's been quite some time since I had a vacation. Though I probably needed one in February, it's not really possible to step into a new ministry position and then take off for a week. Well...I'm not taking a vacation yet (that will come in July when I do some golfing with Rick), but I am changing things up a bit this week...and I'm excited about it. This week is a reading/study/prayer week. I won't be tackling the administrative stuff at Northwest...it's doing to have to wait until next week. I'm probably not even going to be around the office much. I will go where I can read, pray, listen to God, and write...and being new to the area, I'm not even sure where that will be.

My goals for the week are:

- refresh my spirit
- nail down the conversation series for the next year.
- plan support ministries that tie into the main direction of the conversations
- write a couple of messages in the next series on prayer
- read a fiction book
- read a few other leadership books

No...no vacation here. But the change of pace will be crucial.

Tomorrow is family day!! I love the time with my wife and kids.

I also need to plan this week for the first of two candidates for the position of Worship Arts Pastor at Northwest. Dan and his wife, Anjee, will be flying in on Friday. I've enjoyed my conversations with him and look forward to meeting him and taking this next step in the process. It's my first hire as lead pastor at Northwest, but I'm not nervous. I trust God's guidance during the process and know that we'll make the right decision. I enjoy leading with that kind of confidence...the kind that comes from trusting God's leadership and knowing that I'm tuning in enough to be lead by Him.

Peace,

Matt

No comments: