Wednesday, August 06, 2008

grand haven visit

Last Sunday morning, Heidi packed up the kids and headed to West Michigan to begin our GH vacation. On Monday morning, a crazy man who loves me drove me to Milwaukee to catch the ferry at 6am - we left Lake Villa at 4:15am...that's why he's crazy and must love me! Thanks, Jamie!!

After cruising across Lake Michigan, I caught up with the vacationing F5...what a time we had. Every day, we swam for hours in the pool at Aunt Sarah's and Uncle Dave's. What a great oasis they have in their new home!! The kids loved...loved...loved every moment. And it was great to catch up with my family a bit. Thank you all for having us!

Today, we drove home...made great time...about 4 hours.

I don't know that the trip included much rest...but that's what the whole F5 thing is all about...;-)

Great to be home...

I'm thankful for a wonderful family to visit. I'm thankful we have the ability to drive there and see them like this. I'm thankful for kids who are growing up enjoying extended family.

M@

No comments: