Wednesday, July 23, 2008

mid life?

I've been 35 years old for just under a week now. I don't think I mind. At 35 years old, here are a few things I've learned...

- when I stay up most of the night working...I'm actually really tired the next day.
- it's ok to walk instead of jog...both are exercise and there is merit in being able to have a coherent thought beyond "Dear God, help me live..."
- pacing yourself for the long haul is pretty smart. Flaming out tomorrow isn't.
- there are always two sides to every story. More and more, I try to learn the sides before choosing one.
- I try to not to choose sides...but bring about healthy conversations.
- eating a huge bowl of ice cream really matters...the scale doesn't lie.
- i'm not the youngest guy on staff any more...but i'm still not the oldest;-)

I still eat too much sometimes. I still stay up too late. I still run too hard. But I'm learning more and more to trust in the provision and leadership of God.

Yup...35...it's the new mid-30s...

M@

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

matt, you think 35 is a big deal of adjustments, wait until your children turn 35 & 40 &42 &44 , it's almost too much. continue to stay healthy and happy. only work on things thay are worthwhile.
love you, i'm so greatful for your life. love, mom