Monday, May 12, 2008

testing...

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to teach in the weekend services. I taught the concluding message in the series on generosity - Being Generous With Grace. Giving grace to others...

Saturday night, the message went well...I was pleased.

Then the test...in the middle of the night - about 2:08am - I woke up to the thumping of my neighbor's music. I could not zero in on exactly which neighbor, I just know that for about 2 hours, I was enjoying the base line of some pretty thumpin' music.

I hate being awakened...especially at 2am!!

I so badly wanted to run around the neighborhood, find who it was, and give them a piece of my mind. Yup...a test. To offer grace or to do what comes naturally.

Though I didn't get back to sleep for a couple of hours, I smiled in the morning as I thought about the test...

how have you been tested lately?

2 comments:

--julie said...

Hey Matt,

I didn't get a chance to talk to you after the service, but when you spoke about Servant A hounding Servant B for his $20, I couldn't get the line from the movie "Better Off Dead" out of my mind...and the paper boy, saying throughout the movie, "I want my two dollars..."
tee hee.

I love your story of getting a chance to put the message to the test.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....for communion on Sunday....What a pleasant and unexpected surprise and such a great feeling of community. That is the first time in my 2 years at The Chapel that we've had communion on Sunday....PLEASE continue.....