Thursday, May 22, 2008

personal update

Not been much for blogging lately. That's because I'm running at a pretty good clip. What's new, right? So here's a little personal update:

- Heidi and I had an amazing time in Vermont a couple weeks ago. We were given a gift certificate that allowed us to spend a few nights at our favorite in - we used to go there often when we lived in New England and New York. It's been over 6 years since we have been there. That gift, coupled with the incredible gift of family and friends staying with the kids, opened the door for us to experience The Vermont Inn once again. To the Eckrote, Cary, Sue, and Gleason families...words fall short of expressing what a gift you gave. Thank you!!

- I've had the opportunity to teach a few times in the past couple months. I enjoy doing it and am continually surprised by how God chooses to use my sometimes feeble attempt at stringing words together.

- Izak won some staples in his head last week. He slipped at school and split his head open on a table. I gat the call from Heidi just before staff meeting - she was already in the city at work and I needed to pick him up from school and take him to the acute care center. I did ok at adreneline management - something I'm not always great at. Taking him to the acute care center, they confirmed that he did need stitches. But instead of stitches, they would use staples. So the doctor pushed the easy buttom and stapled my boy's head! He was brave and strong - I was proud of him. At least I felt proud once the room stopped spinning - daddy got a little "woozy"...Yup...I'm not in the medical field on purpose. Staples come out tomorrow.

- I survived Amanda, my assistant, being gone for 2 weeks. I came "this close" to really goofing things up...but she came back in the nick of time and all is well. Whew!

- I'm meeting with a group of men early on Thursday mornings. What an incredible group! I don't like mornings, but I love meeting with these guys. We started in January and have been working curriculum that I'm pulling together from several places with the intention of us becoming more effective God-led leaders in our own lives, homes, community, and church.

Well...that's the scoop for now.

Peace,

M@

No comments: