Saturday, November 18, 2006

My Beloved...

Today, Sunday, November 19, 2006, marks the 12th year that we have been married (and the 14th that we've been dating). It seems that the more time we spend together the harder it is to put into words the amazing gift Heidi is to me.

She is the gift of laughter. We enjoy laughing together. It breaks the tension sometimes. It re-energizes us when we're tired. We like to laugh.

She is the gift of freedom. With her, I learn who I am...and I have the freedome to be that man. There is no shame in her company...only love and grace.

She is the gift of friendship. I enjoy her company more than any other person on earth. If I could have dinner with only one person, it would be her - not Bill Bellisheck, not Tiger Woods, not the President...Heidi. I choose to spend as much time with her as possible.

She is the gift of love. It is a love that is true. It's kind. It's gentle. It's gracious. Forgiving. Strong. Good.

Heidi is a gift to me. I could never thank God enough for her. And I pray I get to spend a long life letting her know.

Happy Anniversary, my Beloved...

867

No comments: