Wednesday, August 30, 2006

updates...

I'm generally optimistic and encouraged these days. That doesn't mean there aren't challenging things on the radar, but I feel like I've come through a season in which God has been putting His finger on some heart issues in my life. As that season draws to a close, I sense that it's a "rest" period for that. This doesn't mean it's not important any more, but that I've seen what He wants me to see, made some adjustments to how I do life and think about life, and now is the time to assimilate those lessons into habits that help me move forward. I love to grow and learn. It's hard, but so worth it.

We're wrapping up a series on men at Northwest. I've had a great time doing this series and love seeing some of the impact of it in some others. Even women have commented to me how significant this has been for them. I've found encouragement in that -- mostly because the work being done is genuinely of the Spirit; my part has been to be faithful in presenting certain things and then let God do His work. That's fun to be a part of.

I'm in a couple Fantasy Football leagues. Heidi and I didn't do that last year, but enjoyed it the year before. One team has already been drafted and seems to be pretty good. I'm pleased. Will probably post on that a bit more later.

Peace,

M@

No comments: