Thursday, August 17, 2006

PGA Championship...

I find myself easily distracted today. Because of yesterday. I'll explain...

For Father's Day, Heidi (and the kids, no doubt) gave me a special gift - tickets to a practice round for the PGA Championship in Medina (sound of us about an hour). Yesterday was the day.

I had an amazing time with Heidi at my side, graciously walking from hole to hole, trying to catch glimpses of great golfers on a great course. The weather was perfect. The company was perfect. And it was fun to see these men (many we recognized from watching golf on TV) hone their craft.

The day ended following John Daly on a couple holes. Waiting for him at the 10th tee, which is a "grip-it-and-rip-it" kind of hole, I was excited to see him drive...he's a long-baller on the drive. He walked up to the tee...and then right past the tee...to the car waiting just on the other side of the fence. I guess he's had enough practice. My guess is that the weekend will prove that he could have used a few more holes of practice...we'll see.

That disappointment began our long journey back to the clubhouse to go home. The course was changed a bit to accomodate the PGA, so the 10th tee, normally very near the clubhouse, was actually at the furthese possible point away from it. We got our walking in, for sure.

Heidi was hit in the leg by a little-known guy (at least to us). Joey Sindelar...he's shooting plus-2 as I write this...the curse of hitting Heidi Furr in the leg!! She got his ball as a gift.

What a day...Thank you, family. You love me well!

So today I'm a bit distracted. I'm checking on the scores and remembering what I saw. And smiling...

Furr

1 comment:

fetzer said...

Sounds like a fun time. You must have a cool wife. I remember after going to the Ryder Cup, it was neat to watch it at home the next day because I knew the course layout.