Tuesday, July 25, 2006

thought spatter...

There are many things on my mind these days...here's a spattering of them...

- Several words of encouragement on the weigh-loss front. Thanks. I spend much of my time being encouraged about the process. Yesterday's "official" weigh-in didn't turn out as well as previous weeks. I checked again today and it's much better. I don't get too yanked about specifics, but I watch trends...trends are good. I'm running a lot more than walking these days. I feel the difference.

- I felt like crap on Sunday. Things came together well except my stuff. Not sure what it was, but I felt like my message presentation was one of the worst that I can remember. And for those of you who remember worse...go ahead and keep that to yourself;-) There were several high points, but I was heavy with a lot of discouragement about my own contribution to the gathering. I don't like that at all. Again, I'm putting this out there for the sake of transparency, not to get any kind of response. My hunch is that sometimes people don't realize that leaders/pastors can get discouraged, too. I don't go there often, but...this Sunday was a doozy!

- I think it's great that Tiger won the British Open. He's an amazing golfer and I love to watch him work. I loved the rare glimpse at the friendship between him and his caddie, Steve. Even the best of performers/leaders/athletes need someone to lean on at significant moments. Good on you, Tiger! Now quick crying and get back to work;-)

- Heidi works so hard at home. I can't tell you how much I appreciate her. Day in and day out, she answers the same mundate questions that numb the brain. She wipes away tears. She laughs at silly things. She breaks up fights before they escalate. She feeds. And she does it all with an amazing spirit. Heidi is amazing!

- I'm sitting in my office staring down another crazy week. Here goes...

Peace,

Matt

No comments: