Thursday, December 15, 2005

quite a season...

I'm drawing to the close of some scientific research. Though some data remains out, I feel safe in my conclusions: a house with three kids is more crazy and busy than a house with two kids. I know, I might be stepping out on a limb there, but...

We've all had colds over the course of the past couple weeks. Nothing more pathetic than young kids with colds...not even a dad with a cold;-) But I think we're all over the worst of it.

I have spent the past few days recovering from a minor medical procedure. Nothing big. But it's given me some time to lay still and listen to the sound of crazy on the main floor of the house. Heidi gets a huge Mother's Day gift for this past week...HUGE!

Heidi is scheduled to work this Saturday. That makes it DADDY DAY!!! We love daddy days! She was called off last Saturday, but the chances of it happening twice...pretty small. I'm a little nervous, but it should be great fun!

We've expecting visitors during the Christmas/New Years week. My folks will be in town for Christmas -- this might be the first Christmas that we've spent with family in just about 11 years. That will be fun. The day they leave, some friends that we've known for about 10 years will be driving through and staying the night. This will be the first time that the DeRouchies will meet our children and the first time we'll meet 2 of their 3. What a nice time. Then the day after that, Heidi's mother and sister, Steph, are scheduled to visit. They were supposed to come last weekend, but the flu struck Bay City and the plans fell through. They should be able to hop a train and spend New Years with us. Lou, Heidi's dad, will join them on the weekend. Party at the Furr house!!

That's the news from Lake Villa...

Peace,

M@

No comments: