Monday, December 26, 2005

one down...

...many to go (hopefully). It was my first Christmas as a lead pastor and my first with this community at Northwest. What a nice weekend on many levels...

Northwest -- We worshipped together on Christmas Eve with two services. We weren't quite sure 2 would work - afraid everyone would come to one and the other would feel strange. It worked! Both had a great feel and a good group. Then Sunday morning, we gathered together for a family Christmas celebration, which means that it included food, familiar songs, a short dramatic reading of the birth of Jesus, and a quick message by the lead pastor. It was a good time to celebrate together.

Home -- my folks came from Michigan for the weekend. I think it's the first Christmas that we've celebrated with family on Christmas day. What a nice time. They seemed to have a nice time with the kids -- though they will nap very well when they get home on Tuesday! Levi had a great time hanging out with Grandpa, who has a nice shoulder and a mesmerizing touch...ahh...And Izak and Libby loved showing of.

My wife gave me an amazing gift. She blew the budget and loved me extravagently...it was so special on so many different levels. I was humbled and speechless...thank you, my love.

Family day was a good time, playing with new toys. Izak loves his gift from his Aunt Suzy...who lives 4 hours away and will get hers someday. He calls them his instruments...they are cymbals! He loves to march...aarrgghh....

Libby's best gift was a mirror...she loves to make faces at her friend! It's entertaining for all of us.

Well, that's the weekend in a nutshell. I've got Tuesday off, as well. Heidi is scheduled to work in the evening, but we'll see (so far she's been called off 3 times).

Peace,

M@

No comments: