Friday, November 18, 2005

11 years ago...

I became a "we"...
I signed up for the greatest adventure in life, next to following Jesus...
I put "self" aside (mostly)...
I promised to love forever...no matter what...
I married my friend.

11 years doesn't sound like much, does it? It takes longer to get through elementary, middle, and high school. We've had only 2 presidents in the US. Most dogs live longer. So no, 11 years doesn't seem that long when you put it that way...

But eleven years means that 4,017 times...

I said, "Good night. I love you."
I got to look into the eyes of my beautiful wife,
I got to hold the hand of the one I love most,
I got to hear my beloved sleeping next to me,
I got to snicker at the unbridaled exhuberance of my Heidi!

Thank you, my beloved, Heidi...

Thank you for saying yes 13 years ago when we walked the cold, dark streets of Marion, IN and I asked if a girl like you would ever date a guy like me.

Thank you for promising to go where I go and to share this life with me.

Thank you for fulfilling that promise.

Thank you for loving me even when you see the ugly side of Matt.

Thank you for laughing with me and crying with me.

Thank you for believing in me

Thank you for sharing yourself with me.

Thank you for your obedience to God above all.

Thank you for three children who fill my heart.

Thank you...

11 years ago today...it began...

867

2 comments:

fetzer said...

Happy Anniversary. It's hard to believe it was really that long ago. Seems like yesterday.

C-Man said...

you guys are awesome!

Congrats!