Thursday, September 11, 2008

VP Pick - part 2

I know it's been a couple weeks (sorry), so I'm a little late to the scene. However, since I posted a quick comment about Biden, I'm taking this chance to do the same about Palin.

In short, I think McCain's pick of Sarah Palin is nothing short of a brilliant political move. That pick communicates everything McCain wants to communicate:

1. Message #1: you want an agent of change...here I am!

2. I make the decisions here, not my staff.

3. I'm ready to lead the future of my party.

4. you ticked at Obama for dissing Hillary? You have a home over here in the GOP.

And in the past couple weeks, I think the McCain campaign has handled the celebrity, shock, and furry (on the part of the liberals and flat-footed media) just about perfectly. Brilliant.

On top of communicating what he wanted to by her pick, McCain completely stole the "bump" Obama would have gotten from an excellent convention and the most-watched nomination acceptance speeches ever. Amazing timing...the day after...and for the next 3 days, America googled and read about a little-known governor from the state of Alaska. Obama who?

and on that Friday afternoon in America, there began a true race for President.

No comments: