Friday, January 11, 2008

Go, Pats!

I put that in the title box to catch the attention of a few friends. There are surprisingly few Patriots fans in Chicago. That's ok...Heidi and I are happy to root on the boys from Beantown!

It's been a crazy holiday season. We actually did a good job managing our schedules, but we both still felt a bit drained. After 6 Christmas services at my Chapel campus (which were AWESOME!!) we celebrated a nice Christmas day as F5. Then on Wednesday, we drove to Grand Haven to spend a day with my family. It was a good visit until the middle of the night when Lib woke up very sick with a respiratory thing. We were debating either driving home or to the ER at midnight...not fun. But Heidi, as the super mommy/nurse that she is, got Lib settled in and on the mend.

Heading home the next day, Levi started to have trouble breathing. Fire up the nebulizer! By Saturday, we were in the ER with him, diagnosed with Pneumonia. More meds and breathing treatments.

Friday night, the Bay City contingency arrived in town. Then on Saturday, the Pittsburgh crew showed up. I did the message in the weekend services on my campus. Thus...a crazy weekend.

But after New Years, things settled in a bit. And now it's back to routine.

In the flurry of life, it's easy to just react. Part of the journey of faith, for me, is to learn to react to not only the circumstances around me, but the voice and leadeship of God. In the busy pace, it's easy to lose that voice. But quiet moments, driving with the radio off or in the moments before the monkeys invade a still morning moment, I can recallibrate myself and listen again.

Happy New Year!

M@

No comments: