Monday, August 13, 2007

road trip...

A quick shout out to the Hamburg-ers who read...it was awesome to see you this past weekend - even if briefly. What an amazing gift it was to hang out in the foyer and connect with so many friends. Your affirmations, prayers, and encouragements fill my spirit to overflowing - thank you!

Heidi, the kids, and I loaded up the van early Thursday morning and drove east along the I-90 for about 10 hours. The shortest I've ever made the trip is 8 1/2, but that's by myself...not with two potty-trained kids who know that if they shout "I HAVE TO GO POOPY!" they get to get out of their seats for a few precious minutes. Libby got pretty good at road-side potty breaks...

The kids did awesome on this trip. In past years, when we've made this trip, we maintian that it will only get better. So far, that's been true. They slept well in unfamiliar suroundings. They played with other kids as if they were long-lost friends (which some were). And they flexed with the changes like champs. I don't think Heidi and I slept all that much, but the kids did great!

We spent a bunch of time with Rick and Carrie...soul-friends who have shared life deeply with us. Their friendship remains such an incredible gift. Rick is the one I've shared is fighting cancer. Please continue to pray for them.

We got to attend an anniversary party for Larry and Audry - another couple of soul-friends. What a special way to spend an evening.

We got home late last night...and no one really slept in the car. They slept in a little this morning, but...still up and at 'em before 7...argh. Heidi showed her love by letting me sleep a bit longer...you're the best, Babe...

And then we spent some time this morning with Chicago friends. The Wamsleys have quickly become great friends for us. Their son, Jimmy, turned 3 today and had a Thomas The Train party. What a great time!!

So...it's family day at the Furr house.

God's good to us...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Matt, it was great to see you and Heidi. You both have such depth and insight that is refreshing. I certainly miss having you both around.