Wednesday, July 04, 2007

running hard

As you might guess from the past few posts...my life has added a few rpms of late. My time at The Chapel has been so rewarding and affirming in so many ways. What a gift to be a part of God's work here. The relational intentionality of the leadership is incredible...they have welcomed me into their circle quickly and truly.

Monday night, Heidi and I went to Fogo De Chao with a couple other couples. What a fantastic meat-eating, laughing, hanging out time we had! Great food and great friends...the stuff of life. It's sad that most people in Church leadership don't get even a taste of this kind of goodness.

Today is Independence Day! I was at home with Heidi and the kids all day. As tired as I am/get, I love...absolutely love my time with them. Heidi was scheduled to work, but got waved off last minute. I wish, for her, that she would have been able to go in. But for me...I was glad to have her back home!

The kids are down down...and we're enjoying a quiet home...except for the rockets' red glare coming from our neighborhood. There are a couple of blocks that "compete" for the loudest and biggest fireworks display. Guess whose house is right in between those two blocks? Yup...the Furr home! Should be an interesting night...

I had the opportunity to teach the weekend message again last week (at my campus in Libertyville). This weekend, I'll teach the same message, running the same gaunlet that I wrote about in the last post. It's a good time.

I guess that's a little glimpse of life here in Lake Villa, IL. It's fast. It's good. It's tiring. And it's rewarding.

Peace,

M@

No comments: