Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Mommy...

I've taken a few days to interview the children. I don't allow them to use the computer (though Levi is convinced that he knows how). So I asked them what they love about their Mommy and I will write down what they said...

My Mommy makes great pancakes for breakfast. They are tasty with lots of syrup. And they are easy to throw.

My Mommy washes my favorite shirt so that I can wear it every day. Seriously...every day.

My Mommy holds me when I cry. Sometimes I pretend to cry so that she'll hold me. I love that!

My Mommy puts great bandaids on me when I have a boo-boo. And sometimes when I pretend to have a boo-boo, she still gives me cool bandaids.

My Mommy gives me my bottle and lets me lay in bed with her in the morning. Even when Daddy tries to kick me out, Mommy protects me.

My Mommy plays in the water with me...and lets me have the hose!

My Mommy taught me to put pee-pee in the potty today!!

My Mommy checks on me every night to make sure my room is a good temperature and that I'm sleeping well. When I'm not, she even comes and sleeps with me a little bit.

My Mommy holds me when I throw up and don't feel good.

My Mommy does great crafts with me.

My Mommy plays Stinky Cake on the piano...we all like to sing that song!

My Mommy prays with me...that's right, Mommy, good job.

My Mommy works hard every day.

I love you, Mommy!

Love, Izak, Liberty, and Levi
*****************
Daddy's note: my wife is an amazing mother. She tackles the big parts of the job with stregnth and grace. And she pushes through the little things with an endurance that is unbelievable. When the "pecking" would drive most people insane, she digs down deep and finds a place where there is laughter and a tender touch. I thoroughly respect this woman who gives herself fully to her family. I know there are times when she feels very reduced...but in that place, I see amazing purity and courage and strength and beauty.

It is my honor to walk beside (perhaps even just a set behind out of respect) her as a parent.

Happy Mother's Day, my Beloved! You are the greatest!

M@

2 comments:

Michelle Van Loon said...

What a great list!

It would be fun to "interview" your kids each year (for Mother's Day, maybe?) and save those lists.

Something tells me that some of the things on the list may not change very much over the years. Pancakes being easy to throw, for one...
:)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!