Thursday, January 05, 2006

Hello, '06...

Just a spattering of ideas and updates...

- '06 came in like a flood. Libby announced it's arrival with a mighty heave. Yup, the flu came for a visit last weekend. As Heidi fell into bed after cleaning up, I whispered, "Happy New Year..." It seemed funny at the time. Poor kid, Lib's feeling much better now.

- Couple days later, the trend continued with Heidi waking up with a sprint to the bathroom. I have to be honest, I paniced...and was about to call the doctor for a refund (if you don't get that, then don't worry...). As you know, Heidi announced her pregnancies by running to the bathroom. No worries...just the flu...this time. I think I'll always get a little twitch when I hear that sound. Again, she's back up and at it.

- That left me to man the kids that day. Not too bad. Lib was feeling better...at least until we went for a ride in the van. Two blocks from home, she cried and let loose again. What fun!

- The next night, I was about to head to bed and heard that familiar sound coming from Izak's room. Oh, yeah...here he goes. He chucked about every 20 minutes from midnight to 5am. I was on duty and seemed to manage it pretty well. I don't do well with vomit...but had to. He seems to be doing better.

- That leave Levi and me. He's breastfeeding, so is supposed to have special baby powers that keep him healthy. And I...I must just have super daddy powers or something. I feel well...a little tired, but keeping my food, thank you.

- Was rooting for USC. I like Pete Carrol, as a guy and enjoy watching him coach students. He coached the Pats when we lived there and didn't do so well. What a game...and to think...I went to bed...

- Carrie P. Musielak is coming for a visit tomorrow. She's one of our closest Buffalo friends. It will be good to see her and for Heidi to get some special time with her.

- Just got back from the Apple Store where I bought a case for my iPod. I've had to return a few things from online shopping and just got sick of it, so I drove about a half hour to see what I was buying. It worked and I got what I needed. Now I have to return the 8 cases that came in the mail today. Yup...8. Only ordered 1. Only paid for 1. But I got 8. Probably could have kept them or sold them on ebay for a couple hundred bucks. But I called and they know now. I don't have time to sell them. And if I'm going to sell my integrity, it'll be for a bunch more than 8 iPod cases. Not quite sure what the selling price would be...I'd like to think that I don't have one. Integrity is a funny thing. You can stick to it so hard that it actually becomes an idol in itself. To live with integrity in all facets of life without selling out to integrity...hmmm...

Peace,

M@

No comments: